Apply to JLIC
Who should apply?
Are you interested in a career in Jewish education? Are you passionate about your Jewish identity? Do you love to spend time with children? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Is Berkeley, CA, a place you’d like to spend the next couple of years?
The Jewish Learning Innovation Corps (JLIC) is an 11-month paid fellowship training the next generation of Jewish educators. Learn the latest methods and tools from an internationally renowned faculty, join a cohort of passionate educators and spend the year creating meaningful Jewish learning experiences for young children, work among friends and colleagues committed to your personal and professional growth, and grow as an educator by leaps and bounds.
As a JLIC Fellow you will:
- Participate in a cohort of educators and make lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Work with mentors to identify and develop your own personal passions in Jewish learning.
- Spend mornings training in cutting-edge innovative pedagogies with an internationally recognized faculty.
- Explore Jewish life and learning, Hebrew language, and self-discovery with children in grades K-5.
- Implement your learning as a teacher in the at the afterschool program.
- Set and pursue personal goals for professional growth.
How to Apply
To apply send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about:
- Your experience as a Jewish learner (formal and informal Jewish education).
- Your experience as a facilitator of Jewish learning for others.
- Your level of spoken Hebrew.
- Any specialized expertise or talents that you would be excited to share with kids and families (i.e., music, drama, sports, art, nature, etc.)
- Why you would like to participate in the Jewish Learning Innovation Corps.
Jewish Learning Innovation Corps fellowships are full-time positions with a generous stipend, medical benefits, and most of July off.
Stipend: $30k + benefits
Application deadline: Rolling
Fellowship start: August 1, 2018